Friday, March 5, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude.............say what?


I have been doing empowerment work with people for many years. The one thing that really stands out to me after having met with one of my groups is; an 'attitude of gratitude' is a plus....... and will afford me many opportunities throughout my day. I have decided to make a list everyday of the "things that are working today"........... a list of the positives, not the negatives......believe me there are plenty of negatives, right? So I have begun making a list daily of the things that are working for me. So far, I am using a sticky note pad and as my lists grow......I expect that I will have to graduate to a larger piece of paper.

I have talked about this for years but today........I begin my own daily "gratitude" list. Attitude is everything, being present, and checking in are good things. Actions, even as small as this are my way of moving forward and creating a more conscious "attitude of gratitude"!

Hooray! So far..........so good...............It's a great day! What's working for you? How's your attitude?

EC

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

I remember reading the book "Co-Dependent No More" about 14 years ago...and the one thing from that book that sticks in my mind most was making a list of things to be thankful for. Even if the things are less than perfect--an ugly orange carpet in the living room,etc. Start and be thankful for what you have...

I too have been on a journey over the last 15+ years that has including really becoming thankful and focusing on the positive all around us...in order to go forward in a healthier way.

Today, I celebrate the "rat" theory of "do with what you have"...in so many things.

Amazingly I have also, in the latest part of my art journey begun to paint in a "rat style". (rat coming from the car people's slang-rat rod.) and hence my newest art form Rat Rod Art-Car Art on Cardboard-yep, very acid (no acid free here.)

I too see progression through my life; the coming together of purpose.

Hallelujah, something to be thankful for:)

EC Hanson said...

Love the site Ev, let's keep this going gratitude is harmless and the reminders are great! I just got home from Springs and made my list and posted it on my calendar! six days running................