Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Working hard, I almost missed it!"

I have been at my table painting almost all day. I have been sitting her for hours............ ...painting three pictures at a time and cutting paper for cards............the many stages in the process; I finally looked up from my table and almost missed the amazing sky! There's a storm rolling in or rolling past but right now it is creeping over the mountains and I am the lucky one - sitting right in front of the San Juan Mountains in the southern San Luis Valley! It is amazing and one of the reasons we live here. There are many times on my way into town or back home again that I have to remind myself not to take this for granted - the amazing views and changes in the weather. Weather in this valley changes on a dime! One minute the sun is shining and the next the wind is blowing and it is raining or hailing or snowing. I love that it is not static or predictable. The only thing that seems to be predictable is a nice long fall. We are rapidly approaching that and I can't wait............the nights are very cool and the days are sunny and not so hot! We got the sky, here in the valley!
Here it is, the view from the west; the storm approaching and me almost not noticing. Scroll down to see different shots, I think you'll enjoy the trip. Have a great evening. EC


one more......................................
Well, I hope you enjoyed this little sky journey. I get to see this all the time and I love it! Life is good!!

1 comment:

Spicy Princess said...

We really need to come back. Gorgeous!